Wednesday 21 May 2014

Peter Kemp 07.01.44 - 20.05.14


Hi, This is Arlo (that helped Pete with his reviews), It is with great regret that I have to announce his recent passing away after a short battle with cancer. This blog was one of his favourite things in the last years of his life and every weekday he'd turn up at the Gate arts centre where we did these reviews eager to get going on them (after the obligatory coffee and cigarette of course) - He loved the attention it brought him, loved the free records and was always amazed at the attention it got.

Personally I'd like to say that working with Pete (especially on this blog where we shared our passion for all types of music) has been one of the most amazing times of my life and I'm going to miss him (and it) terribly. He really was an incredible guy which I hope this blog amply demonstates.

I'd also like to thank everyone involved; the labels and the recording artists who supported us of course but especially all who read and enjoyed it and took it in the spirit it was meant.

Much love to you all.

AND A BIG 10 on 10 FROM ME TOO TO PETER KEMP FOR BEING PETER KEMP AND FOR EVERYTHING HE MEANT TO ME AND EVERYTHING HE DID FOR ME. CHEERS PETE.




In the last weeks of Pete's life the following compilation was arranged as a tribute to him and in order to raise money for causes close to him, please take a look and support in any way you can; let's give Pete a legacy.







9 comments:

  1. Rest in peace Peter Kemp, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to hear your unique insights into all forms of music. A truly honest individual.

    Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you mate, thanks for making the world a better place.Loved reading your reviews, and although I never met you I will miss them and your presence very much. Peter Kemp 10 out of 10 and more !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest in peace, Pete. Your blog and just all around positive attitude were inspiring to many. 10 out of 10 for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently posted a comment to a review and I didn't read this post...I'm so so sad...rest in peace Peter...Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP Peter. I really enjoyed reading some of your reviews.

    10 out of 10 from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally just followed this blog now, and seeing this as the only update has truly saddened my heart.

    I've read a few of your reviews, and I love the honesty and some of the innocence involved with describing genres you had only just began to discover.

    You have definitely inspired me to continue writing. Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reviews, so honest, direct and sweet. Inspiring. Well done Arlo for helping Pete write them. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only just read his review of my album the Broken Man and I have to say that normally I don't read reviews but I found his very touching and an enjoyment to read (and even left a comment there, I didn't know that he had died). RIP Peter. It was a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sad to hear about Pete's passing. I recently found his review of Rudimentary Peni's 'Pope adrian 37th' album. I was going to write an thank him for a really lovely piece of writing and to let him know that Nick Blinko is okay. I'm glad this site is still live - a fitting remembrance of someone I would have really liked to have met

    ReplyDelete